The commencement of Operation Linda Nchi (to mean protect the country in Swahili) by the Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) in Somalia in 2011 brought the Kenya Navy military forces into the spotlight as their naval support paved way for KDF into Somalia under the leadership of Major General Ngewa Mukala.
Meet Major-General Ngewa Mukala; commander of the Kenya Navy military forces who has fearlessly spearheaded the naval military since 2011 in guarding Kenya’s maritime zone.
Major General Ngewa Mukala took office as commander of the Kenya Navy in 2011 succeeding Major General Samson Jefwa Mwathethe. Mukala became the head of the Kenya Navy when Kenya was facing one of her greatest battles in the fight against terrorism.
The now Navy Commander who rose from a Brigadier to second in command at the Kenya Navy has continuously shown his leadership skills and competence in safeguarding Kenya’s maritime zone for close to half a decade since his inception into office.
Some of the commended Kenya Navy operations under Major-General Ngewa Mukala include the successful takeover of the port at Kismayo in Somalia which the Al Shabaab militia group were using as their major charcoal selling base. This operation paved way for the Kenya Defence Forces to further capture more towns in Somalia restoring peace and stability in Somalia.
Other operations which have been successful conducted under Major General Ngewa Mukala include disruption of drug trafficking attempts and piracy.
Established in 1964, the Kenya Navy has continuously provided their timely service in guarding Kenya’s territorial waters.
- Kenya Navy Operations; The Kenyans Behind Kenya’s Maritime Zone The Kenya Navy is the maritime arm of the Kenyan military forces with officers who have […]
- Kenya Special Forces; KDF Finest Men Behind Operation Linda Nchi They operate in silence, you can feel your hair grow, but their silence could be heard […]
- Breaking News [vc_row][vc_column […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorists Affiliate Groups in East Africa ‘Al Shabaab’ Arabic for "The Youth" is known as Harakat al-Shabaab […]
- Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen: Potent Threat To Africa, Why KDF Must Stay Put In Somalia The East African region and more so Kenya are near the brewing pot of an al-Qaeda […]
- Lt General Samson Mwathethe: Profile and Emminent Rise Through the Kenya Military Ranks Following the outcome of the meeting of senior commanders of the Kenya Military to […]
- Kenya Navy Ships Diving Section (SDS) Changes Name to Clearance Diving Unit (CDU) The Kenya Defence Forces consist of Kenya Army, Kenya Navy and Kenya Air Force. […]
- Lieutenant General Joseph Kiptoo Kasaon; Vice Defence Chief Career Profile Lieutenant General Joseph Kiptoo Kasaon was appointed to the rank of Vice Chief of the […]