The General announced the overthrow of the Burundi government a few hours after the president let for Tanzania.
Major General Godefroid Niyombare served as the intelligence chief of Burundi and also as an ambassador to Kenya.
The coup was announced mid-afternoon Wednesday . The president was away in Tanzania attending a East African summit meeting about the situation in Burundi.
Soldiers have been deployed in the capital Bujumbura. Some have taken control of key installations.
OSINT reports show that the country has been cut off from the internet.
The President has not made any statement with regard to the coup attempt.
- Burundi Coup Report OSINT Reports indicate there is a possibility a military coup has happened in Burundi, […]
- Burundi Coup Flops, President Pierre Nkurunziza Returns to Bujumbura Event: On Thursday 14th May 2015, Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza left Tanzania and […]
- Kenyans in Burundi; Uncertainty on Burundi’s Government BURUNDI: Major General and former intelligence officer Godefroid Niyombare on 14th of […]
- General Godefroid Niyombare, Burundi Coup Leader Surrenders Event: On Friday 15th May 2015, General Godefroid Niyombare of the Burundi Armed forces […]
- Burundi Coup De-Tat Violence in Capital; Intelligence Warned of Coup and Possible Political Violence Midday 13 May, Major General Godefroid Niyombare issued a press statement from a […]
- African Union Agrees to Send Peacekeeping Troops To Contain Escalating Violence Upsurge in Burundi EVENT SUMMARY In the past few weeks violence in Burundi has erupted and analysts […]
- Possible Outcomes Of Any Failed Coup; In Reference To Burundi Event May 13, 2015, around noon: Major General Godefroid Niyombare summons a press […]
- East African Community (EAC) Slams Burundi Elections as Incredible Highlight Friday 24th July, 2015 Burundi announced presidential poll […]