Latest reports from Nigeria indicate that a schoolgirl who was abducted by Nigeria’s Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram has escaped from the terrorists’ captivity.
According to Presidential Aide, the girl was found by government troops while escaping without giving much details.
The lone girl was among 276 girls abducted by Boko Haram from north-eastern Chibok town in 2014, sparking global outrage (#BringBackOurGirls).
Through Nigeria’s government intervention, a total of 103 of the girls have been released so far, including 82 earlier this month in a prisoner swap.
The 82 girls, met Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari on 7 May. They also have undergone medical check-up and are expected to be reunited with their families later this week.
The number of Boko Haram suspects released by the authorities in exchange for the girls remains unknown.
- Hope as Boko Haram Terrorist Group Releases 21 Chibok Girls Hope has been renewed after Boko Haram terrorist group released 21 kidnapped Chibok […]
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- Nigeria Police Launch Manhunt of Lagos School-girls Kidnappers OSINT SUMMARY March 3, 2016, Nigeria police launched an operation aimed at rescuing […]
- 350 Boko Haram Captives Rescued, 167 Militants Killed, Weapons Recovered In Mop-Up Operation By Nigerian Army Event Summary: Nigerian army Spokesman Sani Usman said on Tuesday 16th February that […]
- 2 Girls ‘Suicide Bombers’ Blow Themselves Up near Crowded Nigerian Market Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded […]
- Nigeria Army Confirms Death Of Boko Haram’s Chief Bomb Maker OSINT SUMMARY A statement from Nigerian Army confirms the killing of Boko […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Female Suicide Jihadists Kill Two in Nigeria Wednesday 15/3/2017, four female jihadists blew themselves up near a bus station in […]