Four locals have been killed and several others wounded after a clash with Al-Shabaab militants.
Locals clashed with the militants at Gamboole villages locates some 25 kilometers west of Jowhar town, Middle Shabelle region.
The fierce clash erupted after locals took arms against Al-habaab militants who were demating Zakah (an Islamic levy on wealth) from them.
According to the residents, Al-Shabaab demanded the levy from the herders who defied prompting the fight that left four locals dead.
Al-Shabaab militants controlling the village adopted a monthly Zakah/Zakat obliging every nomadic family rearing 10 heads of livestock to give at least one as levy and the ones rearing from 20 to contribute three to the militant group.
Al-Shabaab use these forcibly collected levies from Zakah to finance their terrorists’ activities.
- Residents of Mudug Clash with Al-Shabaab Over Zakah Collection, 22 Al-Shabaab Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY MUDUG, Somalia: 22 Al-Shabaab militants were killed after resident […]
- Al Shabaab Militants Fight Each Other In Galgaduud Region over Zakah Collection Al Shabaab militants on Thursday 29th October fought and killed each other in villages […]
- Al-Shabaab Commander Killed by Locals in Southern Somalia An Al-Shabaab commander reportedly has been killed following clashes between armed […]
- Somalia Clan Fighting Leaves One Dead, Two Injured near Jowhar OSINT SUMMARY June 17, 2016, one person was killed and two others badly […]
- Jubbaland Forces Kill 15 Al-Shabaab Militants near Kismayo Jubbaland forces the past weekend killed at least 15 Al-Shabaab militants during a […]
- 7 Al-Shabaab Militants Killed in Fighting in Central Somalia At least seven Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab have reportedly been killed and dozens […]
- SNA, AU Forces Clash with Al-Shabaab Militants in Southern Somalia, 11 Terrorists Killed OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that at least 11 terrorists have […]
- Police Arrest Seven Suspected Al-Shabaab Financiers in Malindi Police over the past weekend arrested seven suspected Al-Shabaab financiers in […]