Forces loyal to the Libyan-Tripoli based and UN backed unity government on Thursday repulsed two attacks; one by Daesh (ISIS) and another by forces led by Commander Khalifa Haftar — in the north-central city of Sirte.
According to the Libyan military sources, the attack was aimed at destabilizing the city and threatening its security.
Pro-government had been preparing to conduct an assault by Daesh south of Sirte but they encountered a stiff resistance from pro-Haftar forces from the nearby Al-Heniwah and Abu Hadi districts on the city’s outskirts.
The forces managed to repulse both attacks successfully with no casualties.
- Libyan Forces Intensify Campaigns, Recapture New Area from Daesh (ISIS) in Sirte Libyan forces continue to make successful gains against Daesh terrorists in their […]
- Army Advances Push ISIS Fighters in Libyan Cities of Benghazi and Ajdabiya OSINT SUMMARY BENGHAZI, Libya: 22nd February 2016, credible OSINT summaries reveal […]
- Tens of ISIS Terrorists Besieged by Army in Damascus’ Jobar Region The Syrian army forces managed to push ISIS terrorists in a massive offensive on […]
- Iraqi Forces Launch Final Assault on ISIS-Held Mosul Old City Iraqi forces launched a final assault on Mosul’s Old city, the last stronghold of ISIS […]
- Iraqi Forces Operations Flush Out ISIL from Fallujah OSINT SUMMARY In yet another win over the Islamic State militant group, Iraqi […]
- Libya Government Troops Narrows on ISIS Militants at Sirte OSINT SUMMARY Libyan troops have made tremendous gainover ISIS that by […]
- Libyan Unity Government ‘Operation Al-Bunyan al-Marsus’ Register Gains against ISIL in Sirte Forces loyal to the Libyan UN-backed unity government an ‘Operation Al-Bunyan […]
- Islamic State Senior Commander Arrested in Northwestern Libya OSINT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016, a senior Islamic State commander […]