The leader of Mali’s Ansar Dine was on Tuesday arrested by security officers with the same sources disclosing that the militant leader is being held in a police confinement in Mali’s capital Bamako.
The militant leader identified as Mahmoud Barry alias Abu Yehiya commands Ansar Dine Macina, a combat unit of the militant group.
Abu Yehiya was arrested following an operation carried out by Special Forces of Mali in an area that Ansar Dine operates especially between Nampala Dogofri localities and the central Segou region.
The militant was arraigned before a judicial police on Wednesday barely 24 hours after his arrest.
His arrest is a big blow to the Ansar Dine militant group that is responsible for several onslaughts on members of Malia forces and peacekeepers in the West African country.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Mali Islamist Terrorist Leader Announces Unilateral Cease-fire The leader of the Islamist terrorist group Ansar Dine agreed cease-fire in […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Security Operations in Somali’s Capital Mogadishu; 15 Al-Shabaab Operatives Arrested, Weapons Recovered Mogadishu Somalia, April 28, 2016 Somali security agents, SNA, NISA and […]
- African Union’s AMISOM Calls for Joint Cooperation to Fight Youth Radicalization in Somalia The African Union peacekeeping mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has called in joint […]
- African Union Troops and Somali Forces Capture a Key Area in Southwest Somalia IN SUMMARY Somali government forces supported by the African Union […]
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Continue CT-Ops in Lower Jubba Region OSINT SUMMARY Somali National Army (SNA) backed by the African Union […]