Qatar accused of
– undermining regional stability
– support for ISIS, Al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood
– meddling in other countries’ affairs
– Qatar kicked out of Saudi-led coalition bombing Yemen
– Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and UAE cut air & sea connections with Qatar.
– Qatari citizens have 14 days to leave Bahrain
Key Arab League nations, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE, have severed diplomatic ties with Qatar after Bahrain said it was cutting all ties and contacts with Doha. Qatar is accused of backing terrorist groups and meddling in other countries’ affairs.
Bahrain announced early Monday that it is severing diplomatic relations with neighboring Qatar and cutting air and sea connections with Doha, accusing it of meddling in its internal affairs. Bahrain’s state news agency said in a brief statement that Qatari citizens have 14 days to leave the country. Bahrain accused Doha of supporting terrorism and meddling in Manama’s internal affairs.
Citing “protection of national security,” Riyadh then announced it was also severing ties with Doha and closing off all land, sea and air contacts, the Saudi state agency said in a statement, cited by Reuters.
The Saudi state news agency SPA alleged that Qatar “embraces multiple terrorist and sectarian groups aimed at disturbing stability in the region, including the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS and Al-Qaeda, and promotes the message and schemes of these groups through their media constantly.”
The Saudi-led coalition has announced that Qatar’s participation in its joint military operation in Yemen has been canceled. The coalition’s statement accused Doha of supporting the Al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorist groups.
Egypt was next to join the diplomatic war, with Cairo announcing it is cutting relations with Doha, according to Sputnik news agency.
Egypt has closed all its seaports and airspace to Qatari vessels and planes, the country’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
“The Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt has decided to sever diplomatic relations with Qatar because of the continued hostility of the Qatari authorities towards Egypt,” the Cairo statement read, also accusing Doha of supporting terrorist organizations, including the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Arab League Nations Rally Behind Saudi Arabia in Escalating Diplomatic Row With Iran EVENT SUMMARY Arab League nations have expressed discontented over the attacks on […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 20 Nations Join Saudi-Led Military Exercise- ‘The Thunder Of The North’ Against ISIS, Al Qaeda And Affiliates Event: 15th February: Armed forces from at least 20 countries are gathered in […]
- Islamic State’s New Capital in the Mediterranean Key Highlights Islamic State militant group has managed to gain full control of […]
- Saudi Military Buildup along its Border with Yemen, Contemplates Direct Military Intervention to Oust Houthis Saudi Arabia has moved a significant number of troops alongside considerable military […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Urge Muslim Nations to ‘Take the Lead’ in Combating Extremism U.S. President Donald Trump while addressing the leaders of dozens of Muslim-majority […]
- Saudi Warplanes Arrive in Turkish Incirlik Airbase OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that Saudi fighter jets have been […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]