Police on Wednesday 21st October night conducted a raid on a suspected terror suspect in Mombasa County Kenya arresting two suspects.
The suspects arrested are responsible for a streak of police and informants killings in the coastal region and have links to the Al Qaeda affiliated in East Africa Al Shabaab.
Police in Mombasa county acting on credible intelligence on Wednesday 21st night raided the house of suspected terror suspects nabbing them and seizing several crude weapons among them swords, drugs and military jacket.
The police arrested two suspects among them Swaleh Mbarak and Luqman Mohammed Shee a key leader of a terror affiliated gang responsible for streak of police and their informants killings in the coastal region.
The raid came barely two days after the security officials in Mombasa announced beefed up surveillance and enhanced vigilance following an intelligence reports indicating an impeding terror attack at the Kenyan coast.
Al Shabaab in the past months have suffered great loss as the Kenya major operation base in Boni Forest was ambushed and they were flushed out by the Operation Linda Boni Initiative in Lamu County.
Additionally Luqman’s gang has been linked to two of the 5 suspected terrorist whose pictures were released to the media earlier in the week and are responsible not only of police killings but also innocent civilians at the coast.
The two were arraigned in court on Thursday October 22nd and remanded for 10 more days pending thorough investigations.
Conclusion and Forecast:
The arrest of the two suspects and the subsequent link to some of the terror suspects on the wanted list is a clear indication of the improvement of the intelligence gathering and cooperation among the Kenyan Security Agencies towards annihilating the Al Shabaab.
Terror police units especially in the coast, has intensified surveillance, enhanced vigilance and employed both artificial and human intelligence to curb and preempt any impeding terror attacks. The mentioned herein measures together with the flushing out of Al Shabaab in Boni Forest are a significant step towards fanning off terrorist from the Kenya.
- 2 Most Wanted Al Shabaab Suspects Arrested In Mombasa; Explosives Recovered 15th January 2015: Kenya Security Officers on Friday arrested two of the ‘MOST WANTED’ […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Police Anti-human Trafficking Operation Nabs 35 Ethiopians in Nairobi, Kenya Police on Tuesday 11th October 2016 – night conducted anti-human trafficking […]
- Kenya Heightens Security along Somali Border Kenya on Tuesday said it has heightened security along its porous border with Somalia […]
- 4 Terrorist Suspects Nabbed in Malindi, Coastal Region OSINT SUMMARY Police on Monday 20th June 2016, arrested four terror suspect […]
- Police Arrest Man with Sh10 Million Heroin at Mombasa Airport A drug trafficker has been arrested at Mombasa Airport in possession of heroin valued […]
- Suspected Al Shabaab Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Blast Kill 1 KDF Soldier In Lamu County Sunday 6th December 2015, a Kenyan soldier was killed and four others injured in […]
- Four Shebaab ‘Brides’ Charged Over Terror Attack Plot EVENT On March 27, 2015, the Shebaab brides were arrested at El Wak border point in […]