Kenya’s Tourism Sector Makes Sh47Billion in First Half of 2016, Projects Sh100 Billion by Year-end
Speaking at the recently concluded State House summit on Tourism, Balala said tourism sector has significantly improved by 14 percent as compared to the same period in 2015.
He noted Kenya tourism sector is projecting to hit the Sh100 billion make by year-end.
Tourism CS cited the improved security in the country with arrivals at JKIA having grown by 13.3 percent and at Mombasa international airport by 13.8 percent during the period under review compared to the same period last year.
Balala also noted that Kenyans embracing domestic tourism saying it has increased by 56 percent as compared to last year.
He also highlighted conference tourism, innovation and tourism promotion as the key pillars aimed at accelerating the sector going forward.
- Kenya’s Tourism Boost as France Lift Travel Advisories Issued Against Malindi and Mombasa ECONOMIC BRIEF Kenya tourism sector is set to benefit significantly after France […]
- Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Urge African Leaders to Jointly Combat Terrorism in the Continent Somali’s president who had attended the recently Tokyo International Conference […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Angola, Belgium Visit Begins State House Nairobi, PSCU According to a statement from the State House […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- WTO Conference To Inject $26 Million Into Kenya’s Economy Event: Nairobi, Kenya is slated to host the World Trade Organization’s 10th […]
- TICAD Kicks Off as Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Meets President Uhuru at State House Nairobi Friday 26th August 2016, Tokyo International Conference of Africa's Development […]
- South African President Jacob Zuma Three-day State Visit in Nairobi, Kenya South African President Jacob Zuma will arrive in Kenya Monday 10th October 2016 for […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]