Kenya’s most wanted terror operative linked to the Islamic State (ISIS) was taken to court and detained for 30 days to allow police complete the investigations.
Ali Hussein Ali alias Trusted One together with his accomplice Abdi Mohamed Yussuf were arrested in Malindi within the County of Kilifi on April 7.
According to reports presented to the court by Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU), the two have links to ISIS, Al-Shabaab and the Magafe human smuggling network in Libya.
The investigating team said that initial probe indicate that Ali Hussein Ali played a pivotal role in facilitating the travel of recruits from Kenya and Somalia to join ISIS in Libya. Ali was also responsible in facilitating illegal immigrants to enter Europe through Libya.
The duo was initially arrested on March 28 at Watamu and was later produced before the Malindi Chief Magistrates court which gave police 10 days to complete investigations. They were later rearrested and their case mention will be on May 9.
They two had a bounty reward of Sh2 million each on their heads.
- 3 Most Wanted Terror Suspects Linked to ISIS Arrested in Malindi Three wanted terror suspects were arrested during a police operation in coastal town […]
- Kenya Anti-terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) Arrest Two Students in Malindi over Links with Islamic States (IS) The Kenya’s anti-terror police (ATPU) on Monday 29th August 2016 intercepted […]
- Kenya Security Agencies Thwart Anthrax Terrorist Attack Plans SECURITY BRIEF, May 4, 2016 Kenya security agencies collaborating closely managed […]
- 29 Ugandans En-route To Middle East Arrested in Kenya OSINT SUMMARY, May 3, 2016 Twenty nine Uganda nationals were arrested on […]
- Four ISIS Suspects Detained for 3 Days as Probe Continues A Kenyan court on Wednesday 12th October 2016 ordered four ISIS suspects to be […]
- Two British Medics Who Joined Islamic State Killed in Iraq According to a report on BBC, two British medics who had abandoned studies in Sudan […]
- 3 Somali-Americans Sentenced for Plotting to Join ISIS in Syria A U.S. judge in Minnesota has sentenced three Somali-American found guilty of […]
- Puntland Forces Recapture Qandala, Kill over 40 ISIS Terrorists Army soldiers of Somali’s semi-autonomous Puntland State have […]