Kenya’s security forces on Tuesday 21st June 2016 confir,ed arrests of eight wanted terror suspects in the on-going counter-terrorism operations in the country’s coastal region.
The arrests follow reports of possible attacks during the month of Ramadan usually preferred by jihadists.
According to police report, four terror suspects were arrested in a Mosque in the coastal town of Lamu while others were arrested in Kwale town.
The four arrested terrorist suspects linked to the Somali based Al-Shabaab were moved to Malindi for interrogation and thereafter face charges over terrorism activities.
Intelligence reports provided point out that the four were hatching a plot to conduct attacks in Lamu County which has suffered from previous attacks by Somalia’s Islamist group Al-Shabaab.
Those arrested in Kwale were interrogated over planned terrorist attacks in Kwale and killing of three government officials (Nyumba Kumi officials
The four arrested in Kwale believed to have undergone military training in Al-Shabaab camps in Somalia include Ibrahim Mohammed Abdi, Hamisi Kassim, Idris Aden and Shadrack Mondao Kaya.
They were arrested during a dawn security operation in Kabigoni area, where another terror suspect identified as Ali Salim was gunned down on Monday.
Police at the coastal regional increased operations hours after Mandera attack that targeted police vehicle that was escorting Makkah bus, which plies Nairobi-Mandera route.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 4 Terrorist Suspects Nabbed in Malindi, Coastal Region OSINT SUMMARY Police on Monday 20th June 2016, arrested four terror suspect […]
- Kenya Security Agencies on Alert: U.S Revise Travel Advisory, Warns of Al-Shabaab Threats The State Department on Thursday 30th June 2016 revised its travel advisory for the […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- Kenya Police Arrests 7 Suspected Human Traffickers in Dadaab Refugee Camp Thursday 6/4/2017, Kenya police arrested seven suspected human traffickers operation […]
- Al-Shabaab Arms Smuggler Arrested in Dadaab Refugee Camp DADAAB Kenya, March 14, 2016 A high ranking Al-Shabaab operative was over […]