A consortium which includes Kenya’s Centum investment firm will start building coal power plant in December 2015 in Lamu.
While announcing the company’s first-half pre-tax profit on Wednesday 11th November 2015, the firm’s Chief Executive James Mworia announced that the investment firm together with consortium known as Amu Power have finalized debt financing agreement for the project with China’s ICBC and South Africa’s Standard Bank so that construction can start by early 2016.
The coal power plant is set to be built in Kenya’s Lamu region, a coastal area that has previous terrorism incidents citing its geographical proximity with Somalia.
In the past couple of months the country has enjoyed security presence across the country and imitation of such mega projects and investments in the coastal region previously characterized with strings of insecurities indicates how the country’s security has weathered the storms and on the verge of defeating terrorism.
Centum Investment Company is one of the biggest firms on the Nairobi stocks with interests ranging from real estate projects, listed firms, private equity and electricity generating plants, among others.
- Amu Power Inks Sh206 Deal with China Power Global to Boost Construction of Coal Power Plant in Lamu Lamu power generating coal plant which was incorporated as part of the LAPSSET corridor […]
- Djibouti Mega Gas Project Commences ENEGY BRIEF, March 4, 2016 Djibouti has announced a mega gas project. Djibouti’s […]
- US President Obama Signs Electrify Africa Into Law; 30,000MW Generated For Over 50million In Sub-Saharan Africa US President Barack Obama on February 8th signed into law ‘The Electrify Africa Act’ […]
- Kenya’s Economy Has Promising Future; Former US Ambassador JONATHAN SCOTT GRATION Concurs It is good news for Kenya's economy which has been hit severely by the current […]
- Coal Energy in Kenya; Future Of Industrialization The East African Region has a very high potential of utilizing coal energy as an […]
- Lake Turkana Wind Farm Project; Africa’s Largest, Set To Reduce Kenya’s Electricity Cost Kenya’s efforts to become an economic giant and continually set the pace for other Sub […]
- Oil Discovered In Kenya’s Kerio Valley; Britain’s Tullow Oil Announces March 16, 2016: Britain’s Tullow Oil has announced additional oil well […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]