Repatriation of Somalia refugees living in Kenya’s Dadaab complex continue to be carried out in humane manner, Kenyan official has stressed.
In a statement Fazul Mohamed, the Executive Director of Kenya's NGOs Coordination Board said that repatriation of Dadaab was being conducted in a humane, voluntary and dignified manner as guaranteed in the rights of the refugees.
Kenya committed itself in 2013 when it signed a tripartite agreement with Somali government and the United Nations agency for refugees (UNHCR) to facilitate the repatriation of Somalia refugees.
Kenya fast tracked the repatriation of Somalia refugees this year citing financial constraints and security challenges.
Kenya is host to over 600,000 refugees with Dadaab which is the world’s largest refugee camp hosting more than 300 Somalis.
Mohamed emphasized that the repatriation was "revitalized" in May this year following the formation of an "inter-agency taskforce" to address hurdles that had slowed it down.
"Since the formation of an inter-agency taskforce in May, some 31,021 refugees have been repatriated to Somalia with another 106,000 refugees registering for voluntary relocation," Mohamed said.
- UN Donates Vehicles To Kenya To Boost Security at Refugee Camps Garissa, April 28, 2016 The UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) on […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]
- Al-Shabaab Arms Smuggler Arrested in Dadaab Refugee Camp DADAAB Kenya, March 14, 2016 A high ranking Al-Shabaab operative was over […]
- Finland Urge Somali Refugees To Return to Somalia DADAAB REFUGEE CAMP CLOSURE Finland has called on Somali refugees to return […]
- Dadaab Refugees To Be Settled At Camp North of Kismayu OSINT SUMMARY Foreign CS Amina Mohamed reiterated that Dadaab refugees will […]
- Somali Say it’s Ready To Receive Dadaab Refugees OSINT SUMMARY Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud on Monday 6th June 2016 […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Police Arrests 7 Suspected Human Traffickers in Dadaab Refugee Camp Thursday 6/4/2017, Kenya police arrested seven suspected human traffickers operation […]