Kenyan government has once again extended the amnesty to youths who had joined the Somalia militant group to surrender themselves to the government.
Confirming the amnesty extension on Friday 28th August 2015, the Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery said that the extension will allow more youths to be rehabilitated absorbed back into the society.
The Interior CS cautioned police officers from mishandling those who wish to denounce the Al-Qaeda linked terror group.
Nkaissery retaliated the allegations of forceful disappearance of some youths as allegedly reported by a section of Muslim leaders and human rights defenders.
“We want to get to the bottom of the allegation…the security organs are there to provide security to the citizens,” Nkaissery said.
The National Police Service has strongly dismissed claims that police were behind forceful disappearance of terror suspects as some rights defenders and political leaders have made allegations of disappearances in Northern Kenya, the coastal region and Nairobi.
According to Kenya Police Spokesman Charles Owino, it is the duty of parents or guardians to report any case of their missing family members.
He said they have already registered quite a number of cases where youths who have fled to the war torn Somalia to join the Al-Qaeda linked Al Shabaab militant group.
Also intelligence reports reveal that some youths in Somalia have been hoodwinking their relatives that they had been kidnapped by the police to create impression that government is responsible in disappearing of some section of Kenyan citizenry.
- Amnesty Period For Radicalized Youth Extended By 14 Days Kenya has extended the amnesty period it had granted the already radicalized Muslim […]
- End Of Al-Hijra Terror Group in Boni Forest as Kenya Launches Counter-Terrorism Operation Kenya's Ministry of Interior issued a statement through its official Twitter Account […]
- #OperationLindaBoni Officially Launched in Lamu, Kenya by Interior’s Joseph Nkaisserry Event: Friday, September 11, 2015 Kenya’s Interior Cabinet Secretary, Maj. Gen. […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]
- Forced Disappearance’s in Kenya, Al-Shabaab Istishhadyin Unit Operatives Admit Responsibility EVENTS SUMMARY Kenya is facing the most significant threat from terrorists in its […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- Tunisia Security Forces Kill 4 Suspected Terrorists EVENT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Reports from Tunisia’s Interior Ministry, the National […]