Kenyan government on Tuesday 14/3/2017 signed an oil exportation agreement with Tullow Oil, Africa Oil and Maersk International.
The signing will pave way for Kenya to start oil exportation early. The country is expected to see oil transported from the Turkana’s Lokichar oil fields by road from next month.
Tullow Oil Company and its partners have stored about 70,000 barrels of crude oil in their Turkana storage expected to be used as the pilot program.
According to Energy Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter, the signing of the agreement paves the way for the start of tests on the viability of Kenya’s oil before going fully commercial in 2020.
Separately, Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) last week signed a lease agreement with the Kenya Petroleum Refineries Limited (KPRL) that will see the government store crude oil before export.
So far, Kenya has 750 million barrels of recoverable crude oil with more exploration activity still underway.
- China and India among Top Countries on Queue for Kenya’s Oil Exports China and India are among the top countries on queue for Kenya’s oil export […]
- Kenya’s Oil Exports to Start Early in April 2017 Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- British Company Tullow Discovers More Oil at Erut 1 Well Kenya dream of commercial exportation of oil is almost being realized after the […]
- Kenya Set to Join League of Oil Exporting Countries in 2017: Energy CS Reveals ENERGY BRIEF 12th January 2016, Kenya is set to join the league oil exporting nations […]
- Kenya: Tullow Oil Company Begins Transport Trials Kenya’s first oil truck leaves Turkana in what marks the beginning Kenya […]
- Tullow Oil Makes another Discovery in Northern Kenya Tullow Oil Plc which is doing oil exploration in Kenya has announced of discovering […]