Kenya government continues with construction of the 700 kilometers security wall on its porous border with Somalia aimed at blocking Al-Shabaab from crossing over.
According to Mandera county commissioner Fredrick Shisia, the construction resumed last month after the project stalled for some time.
The construction of the wall is being manned by the Kenya Defence Forces soldiers who are already on the ground.
Terror hot spot areas such as Fino, Omar Jillow and Arabia will be shielded by the wall and bar Al-Shabaab infiltration and frequent attacks citing they are less than 20 kilometers from the border with Somalia.
On his part Army, Major General KT Chepkuto who is in charge of the project confirmed that the government has bought all materials needed to build the wall.
The army general said his men are providing security and expertise for the project.
KDF engineers are overseeing the construction works and a few civilians have been hired as masons.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- IED Explosion Target Security Forces near Usalama Camp in Kiunga, Lamu County Military intelligence reports show that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) […]
- Israel To Support Kenya Build Border Wall Along its Border with Somalia Israel pledged to help Kenya stem Al-Shabaab infiltration through its porous border […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction on Course OSINT SUMMARY The construction of Kenya-Somalia border is underway with only […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Progress Construction of the 700kms Kenya-Somalia border wall is on course, as confirmed from […]
- Kenya Government Imposes Dusk to Dawn Curfew in Mandera County Kenya government has imposed dusk to dawn curfew in Mandera following the recent […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Continues, Interior CS Nkaissery Asserts KENYA-SOMALIA SECURITY BORDER WALL PROGRESS Construction of the 700km […]
- General Service Unit & Rapid Deployment Officers Survive Roadside Bomb in Mandera Tuesday 29th November 2016, the General Service Unit and Rapid […]