Kenya and United Kingdom (UK) agreed to work closely in the fight against terrorism.
During a meeting held in State House, Nairobi, on Saturday 4th June 2016, President Uhuru Kenyatta and British Foreign Secretary Phillip Hammond agreed that the two nations need to collaborate with likeminded partners in fighting terrorism which is a global threat.
The two pointed out areas of where each can contribute, sharing of intelligence, counter-radicalization strategies being key in curbing terrorism menace.
Kenya and UK also pointed out cooperation in defence, security and commercial partnership as consolidated approach into ending terrorism scourge.
Hammond reiterated that UK is keen on bilateral cooperation with Kenya at a new level for the benefit of the two nations. Defence and energy generation are UK priority areas in Kenya.
“We would like to see our defence cooperation moving forward and have annual joint military trainings,” Hammond said.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya and U.S. to Work Closely in Repatriation of Dadaab Refugees U.S. President Barack Obama has said that United States will stand with Kenya to […]
- Kenya, Israel to Discuss Security During PM Netanyahu’s Visit NAIROBI: July 4, 2016, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected […]
- Israel Pledges Increased Cooperation To Kenya; Matters Cyber, Intelligence And War Against Al Shabaab February 24, 2016: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has pledged his country’s […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Amu Power Inks Sh206 Deal with China Power Global to Boost Construction of Coal Power Plant in Lamu Lamu power generating coal plant which was incorporated as part of the LAPSSET corridor […]