The massive security wall will consist of bricks, fences, observation posts installed with high-tech surveillance cameras.
The border wall will stretch from the northeast Kenyan town of Mandera to Kiunga in the southeast.
Last week, a group of five to ten suspects are believed to have crossed over to Kenya through the porous border prompting security beef-up to preempt any possible attack.
Kenya has been a target of the Somali based Islamist group due to their contribution to the African Union Peacekeeping troops – AMISOM.
The border wall of late has received some hitches with Somalia alleging Kenya is doing the wall on their territory. Somalia sent a delegation to go on a fact finding mission but found out that Kenya has erected the security wall along its own border line contrary to the allegations.
Kenya Human Right Commission vice chairman George Morara is opposing on the construction of the border wall citing it as a waste of taxpayer’s money and a futile exercise but in a rejoinder, Kenyan government has affirmed that it will not be deterred nor relent on war against terror and it will do what it must at any cost to secure her citizenry and properties.
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Progress Construction of the 700kms Kenya-Somalia border wall is on course, as confirmed from […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Kenyan Anti-Terrorism Police Arrest 10 Al-Shabaab Linked Somali Nationals Tuesday 10th November 2015, Kenyan Anti-Terrorism Police arrested 10 Somali […]
- Returnee Militants Reveal Reality within Al Shabaab Terror Group Highlight Radicalized youths into Somali terror group Harakat Al Shabaab Al […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Continues, Interior CS Nkaissery Asserts KENYA-SOMALIA SECURITY BORDER WALL PROGRESS Construction of the 700km […]
- Israel To Support Kenya Build Border Wall Along its Border with Somalia Israel pledged to help Kenya stem Al-Shabaab infiltration through its porous border […]
- Kenya Heightens Security along Somali Border Kenya on Tuesday said it has heightened security along its porous border with Somalia […]
- Kenyan Troops to Stay & Fight Al Shabaab in Somalia, President Kenyatta Announces at UN KEY HIGHLIGHTS Speaking on 29th September 2015 in his address to United Nations […]