Construction of the 700kms Kenya-Somalia border wall is on course, as confirmed from security sources.
The construction of the Kenya-Somalia border wall is aimed at barring unwanted persons from freely crossing over into the country.
According to IG of Police who recently was inspecting the wall, the security border wall will not deter or limit movement of people to and from Somalia as earlier perceived.
The wall is most importantly aimed at barring Al-Shabaab terrorist’s infiltration, and help security authorities on checking them as they try to cross to and from Somalia.
The security wall will have designated entry point at Mandera, Elwak, Liboi and other areas down to Lamu manned by security personnel and Immigration officers.
The security border wall will also have CCTVs installed at strategic points and will consist of various obstacles including a ditch and a patrol road for the security agents.
The wall, contrary to what many believed it would be, is build with posts wires mesh and barbed wire. It is then sewn with electric wires running through it and a trench besides it.
The fence will run across the whole Kenya-Somalia border from Kiunga in Lamu County to the Mandera-Ethiopia border at River Dawa.
Designated border points will also have police posts, Kenya Revenue Authority officers among other government offices to provide vital services.
Check below photos on the wall progress;
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction on Course OSINT SUMMARY The construction of Kenya-Somalia border is underway with only […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Continues, Interior CS Nkaissery Asserts KENYA-SOMALIA SECURITY BORDER WALL PROGRESS Construction of the 700km […]
- Israel To Support Kenya Build Border Wall Along its Border with Somalia Israel pledged to help Kenya stem Al-Shabaab infiltration through its porous border […]
- Kenyan Government Fast-track Border Wall Construction on Mandera Kenya government continues with construction of the 700 kilometers security wall on […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Say Security Border Wall Deter Terrorists EVENT SUMMARY, May 19, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta said […]
- U.S President Donald Trump Orders Construction of US-Mexico Border Wall President Donald Trump on Wednesday ordered construction of US-Mexico border wall to […]
- IED Explosion Target Security Forces near Usalama Camp in Kiunga, Lamu County Military intelligence reports show that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]