The construction of Kenya-Somalia border is underway with only entry points at Mandera, Kiunga and Lamu to bar illegal movement.
The border wall was launched by Kenya’s Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery in May to curb illegal immigrants especially Al-Shabaab’s infiltration.
According to the Project Coordinator John Mogeni, the first concrete posts have been erected covering a stretch of 400 metres from border point one in Mandera.
The border will have other security features such 24-hour surveillance cameras. A road will also be built on either side of the wall for patrol by security agents.
During the tour of President Uhuru Kenyatta in NEP Kenya in April, he urged locals to support the initiative.
The wall will have designated entry and exit points. Government will also install police posts, immigration offices and custom revenue offices to cater various services.
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Continues, Interior CS Nkaissery Asserts KENYA-SOMALIA SECURITY BORDER WALL PROGRESS Construction of the 700km […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Progress Construction of the 700kms Kenya-Somalia border wall is on course, as confirmed from […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Say Security Border Wall Deter Terrorists EVENT SUMMARY, May 19, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta said […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Meet UN Security Council Over AMISOM, Repatriation of Refugees AMISOM, DADAAB CLOSURE, May 20, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta […]
- Kenya Seeks Cooperation with Marehan, A Somali Border Clan to Boost Security SECURITY BRIEF, April 26, 2016 Kenya-Somalia security border wall construction is […]
- Israel To Support Kenya Build Border Wall Along its Border with Somalia Israel pledged to help Kenya stem Al-Shabaab infiltration through its porous border […]
- First Direct Flight from Mogadishu Lands at JKIA, Nairobi after 10 Years Direct flights between Mogadishu and Nairobi resumed Wednesday March 29, 2017 with […]
- Kenyan Government Fast-track Border Wall Construction on Mandera Kenya government continues with construction of the 700 kilometers security wall on […]