12th January 2016, Kenya is set to join the league oil exporting nations by next year, this was revealed yesterday by Energy Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter.
According to the CS, several barrel of crude oil have so far been extracted especially at Lockichar in Turkana County.
Though he did not specify the quantity of the crude oil ready for export, this is good new to the energy sector of the country.
The Energy CS noted some logistical challenges such as the completion of the pipeline from Mombasa though the pipeline will be complete by early next year.
Kenya’s export of the crude oil is expected to bring down cost of energy in the country and accelerate economic growth, Keter added.
- Kenyan Government Signs Oil Export Agreement with Tullow Kenyan government on Tuesday 14/3/2017 signed an oil exportation agreement with […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- Amu Power Inks Sh206 Deal with China Power Global to Boost Construction of Coal Power Plant in Lamu Lamu power generating coal plant which was incorporated as part of the LAPSSET corridor […]
- Kenya’s Oil Exports to Start Early in April 2017 Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales […]
- China and India among Top Countries on Queue for Kenya’s Oil Exports China and India are among the top countries on queue for Kenya’s oil export […]
- British Company Tullow Discovers More Oil at Erut 1 Well Kenya dream of commercial exportation of oil is almost being realized after the […]