The government has commenced the construction of the Security Wall along the entire stretch of the Kenya-Somalia border (which starts from Mandera to Kiunga in Lamu County). The wall is being built on Kenyan territorial lands and as such the government is exercising its legitimate right to secure the nation through the construction of a perimeter barrier against a hostile entity embedded in a neighboring territory.
There exists an unsubstantiated claim that the Security wall is being constructed on Somalia’s territory but these are just baseless claims lacking any legal, cartographic and international backing. The government is tasked with protecting its populace, with the constitution mandating the government to formulate and implement security policies that will guarantee the safety of the Kenyan citizenry.
There has also been an accusation being peddled around by malcontents, academic oddities, al Shabaab terrorists and uninformed Somalia government officials that Kenya has encroached on Somalia’s territory and even established Kenyan settlements there. This accusation is false and is being spread in bad faith with the intent to discredit the Kenyan government as well as justify hostile diplomatic moves that are being effected by elements within the Somalia National Government. Kenya is a constitutional democracy that respects International Law.
- Kenya Commences the Construction of the Security Wall Kenya has commenced the construction of the security wall along the Kenya-Somalia […]
- KDF Counterterrorism Operation Nabs Six Would-be Suicide Bombers; Dismantles Al Shabaab Recruitment Network Six women originally from Malindi have been arrested by KDF personnel during a […]
- Kenya’s Border Security At All Points Beefed Up As War On Terror Intensifies Kenya’s security especially at border points has been beefed up immensely. Contrary to […]
- Kenya’s Perimeter Security Wall Is Necessary Preventive Security Measure Early in April, the Kenya was hit by one of the most serious attack orchestrated by the […]
- Fighting Terrorism: Kenya and Tanzania Now Joining Forces against Terror Tanzania has pledged to join forces with Kenya in fighting terrorism among other […]
- General Samson Mwathethe in Office, Fight Against Terrorism in Kenya to Intensify together with other Key Security Measures The historical handing over of power to General Samson Mwathethe as the new Chief of […]
- WFP Airlifts Food Aid to Al Shabaab Besieged BULO BURDE, SOMALIA Event: Food Aid has finally been airlifted by the World Food Programme (WFP) to the […]
- Terror Suspect Arrested In Wajir; Indicator Of Anti-Terrorism Clampdown In The Region Kenya’s Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) on Tuesday arrested a suspected terrorist in […]