Kenya Saves Over $200 Million Dollars With Falling Oil Prices
SH 18.6 billion, that is the amount that Kenya has saved with the current global oil prices fall in the last year. This is according to a consultancy firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) which noted that the falling oil prices contributed to a fall in Kenya’s import bill by 30% from the usual 50%.
The report was in reference to the data of the number of petroleum units consumed in years 2013 and 2014.
According to the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), the consumption rose to 1.7 billion liters in 2014 from 1.6 billion liters in 2013. The consumption rate rose as a result of falling oil prices increasing demand and population growth.
The low fuel costs have seen the number of cars on the Kenyan roads increase to an estimated 2.2 million cars according to UNEP.
The amount the East African country is saving from falling oil prices is very significant as it can be redirected into other projects in the economy.
- Kenya’s Oil Exports to Start Early in April 2017 Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales […]
- Coal Energy in Kenya; Future Of Industrialization The East African Region has a very high potential of utilizing coal energy as an […]
- Nigerian Army Arrests Suspected Avengers Militants OSINT SUMMARY Nigeria’s army arrested militants suspected to be working […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]
- Low Sulphur Diesel; Environmentally Friendly Fuel, Save Kenyan Motorists Car Maintenance Shillings Kenya and 3 other East Africa countries; Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda have joined the […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Kenya’s Government Committed to Providing Nuclear Power The government of Kenya plans to provide Nuclear Power to its citizens by 2031. The […]
- Lake Turkana Wind Farm Project; Africa’s Largest, Set To Reduce Kenya’s Electricity Cost Kenya’s efforts to become an economic giant and continually set the pace for other Sub […]