Which Countries Contribute The Most To The United Nations?
Kenya is ranked number ten of the top countries contributing to the United Nations in the World and is number one in Africa.
World countries contribute to the United Nations to finance their operations, projects and programmes every year.
According to recently released report for total procurement of goods and services for operational activities of the United Nations system reached $17.6 billion in 2015.
This figure considerably increased as compared to $13.8 billion back in 2009.
United State according to the reports is the largest UN contributor last (2015) accounting 9.37 percent of UN’s procurement volume. U.S. contributed over $1.6 billion. India which has remained among top ten UN contributors since 2010 took the second spot with contribution of $1.28 billion.
The United Arab Emirates came third with $805 million, ahead of Switzerland and Belgium with Kenya notably at number ten with 445 million dollars contribution.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya, East Africa’s Biggest Economy Projected Growth at 6 Percent Between FY 2017-2020 Kenya’s economy is seen growing a rate of 6 percent between financial years […]
- World Bank To Loan Kenya $1.1 Billion To Finance Northern Region Infrastructure Projects ECONOMIC BRIEF Kenya is set to get a $1.1 billion loan from World Bank to […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Confident of US-Kenya Cordial Relations under Trump President Uhuru Kenyatta is confident that cordial relations between Kenya and United […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Joseph Kony, LRA Slapped With Asset Freeze By The US Treasury Department Highlights: The United States government on March 9, 2016 announced […]
- Nairobi, Kenya Enters List of Top 10 Most Dynamic Cities in the World Despite the political tantrums witnessed in Kenya, Nairobi, the capital city has […]