Thursday 6/4/2017, Kenya police arrested seven suspected human traffickers operation between Nairobi and Dadaab refugee camp in northeastern Kenya.
According to authorities, the suspects include seven Somali trafficking refugees from Dadaab refugee complex to Nairobi by using fake documentations.
Confirming on the arrests, Northeastern Regional Coordinator Mohamed Saleh said fake documents to leave for Canada and Europe.
Court ordered the suspected be held for ten days to allow police complete the investigations.
Kenya wants to close Dadaab refugee camp which hosts more than 300,000 Somali refugees saying the refugee camp has become a training ground for the Islamist, Al-Qaeda-linked Al-Shabaab from the neighbouring Somalia.
Al-Shabaab has conducted attacks on Kenya as retribution for sending KDF troops to Somalia in 2011 to fight the extremists
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Arms Smuggler Arrested in Dadaab Refugee Camp DADAAB Kenya, March 14, 2016 A high ranking Al-Shabaab operative was over […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya’s Security Forces Nab 8 Al-Shabaab Terror Suspects in Coastal Region, Kwale and Lamu EVENT SUMMARY Kenya’s security forces on Tuesday 21st June […]
- Police Intercept 3 Men En-route to Somalia Possibly to Join Al-Shabaab OSINT SUMMARY Police intercepted three men en-route to Somalia possibly to […]
- Police Discover Arms Cache in Garissa Town Police in Garissa on Monday night discovered a cache of weapons hidden […]
- Kenyan Official: Repatriation of Somalia Refugees Continues Humanely Repatriation of Somalia refugees living in Kenya’s Dadaab complex continue to […]
- NEP Regional Coordinator Mohamud Saleh: Kenya-Somalia Border Security Scaled-up to Protect Communication Infrastructure Following the Somali-based Islamist Al-Shabaab and their cell in NEP Kenya targeting […]