- KDF Special Unit hopes to gain capabilities of formations similar to the Navy Seal Team 6 of the US.
- The Unit will conduct rescue/combat missions under the code name ‘Linda Rhino’
A new Kenya Air Force Unit was established last week. The new military unit will be tasked to conduct rescue mission for the KDF troops.
The Air Force Unit which was unveiled on Tuesday is highly trained with capabilities of formations such as the Navy Seal Team 6 of the US.
A new Kenya Air Force unit will operate behind the enemy lines to ensure that KDF in the battlefield are not left behind especially soldiers battling Al-Shabaab in war-torn Somalia.
Defence Cabinet Secretary Raychelle Omamo unveiled the unit and formally will safely recover own or friendly forces who either been taken hostage by enemy, downed from an airplane or self-ejected from a fighter aircraft or inadvertently lost in enemy territory.
The unit was hatched by the Kenya Air Force following what is going on in the war tor-torn Somalia.
Following incidents of attacks, ambushes by the enemy (Al-Shabaab) a Special Unit will come in handy in conducting combat and rescuing mission.
The training was supported and identified by USAF AFRICOM (United States Africa Command). The unit underwent intensive training under the guidance the US Air Force ahead of their inauguration at the Nanyuki Airbase.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya to Deploy Additional Troops along Border with Somali to Counter Terrorists Kenya is will deploy additional KDF troops along its border with Somalia to deal with […]
- United Nations To Spend Sh3.8 Billion Training KDF Soldiers OSINT SUMMARY United Nations is expected to spend more than Sh3.8 billion in […]
- Kenya & Jordan to Join Hands in Fight against Terror President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday 26th September 2016 said that Kenya and Jordan […]
- ATPU Arrest a Terror Suspect of Yemeni Origin at Likoni Ferry Channel Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) on Thursday 11th August 2016 arrested a terror suspect […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Burundi Deploys Two Fresh Battalions for Somalia Peacekeeping Mission Burundi has done another force rotation in Somalia by deploying another two fresh […]
- Kenya Gets Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) from U.S, a Boost on Surveillance and Reconnaissance Capabilities Kenya has received war drones it had bought in U.S two years ago. The high […]