President Kenyatta who is the Commander in Chief of Defence Forces of Kenya made the remarks during the closing ceremony of a joint Kenya Defence Forces and Royal Jordanian Armed Forces training code named ‘Exercise Swift Eagle’ at the Humanitarian Peace Support School, Embakasi.
President Kenyatta noted that Kenya and Jordan military partnership underpins the two countries sharing common interest. Both countries face assault from selfish terrorists and extreme violence whose aim is to rip them apart through faith.
“Terrorism is not by influenced by religious doctrines, but by hatred of those who propagate selfish interests. This is not a fight of our making. It has been brought to us. Shared threats call for shared responses and the two countries must cooperate. I am convinced our forces are ready to deal with conventional and asymmetrical threats whenever they occur,” President was quoted.
Kenya and Jordan host a huge number of refugees and face terror threats and violent extremism, the two countries to forge way forward to tackle the menace jointly.
President Kenyatta said 60 Kenyan troops have been trained in Jordan on specialized techniques and another 35 will be trained by the end of February next year to further bolster military cooperation between the two armies. A senior Jordanian Air Force officer has been attached to the Kenya Air Force for the past five months.
The Jordanian Quick Reaction Force arrived last week for joint counter insurgency operations with KDF.
A total of 229 Quick Reaction Force commandos from the Royal Jordanian Armed Forces have been jointly training with KDF’s 249 Special Forces squad.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Meet UN Security Council Over AMISOM, Repatriation of Refugees AMISOM, DADAAB CLOSURE, May 20, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- Kenya, SA Sign Agreement to Counter Terrorism & Deepen Police & Defence Cooperation Kenya and South African made a commitment by signing agreement bound to deepen their […]
- IGAD Summit Concludes in Mogadishu, Member Countries Reaffirms Support to Somalia The 28th extra-ordinary session of the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development […]
- His Majesty King Abdullah II, Jordanian King Visit in Kenya His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan is expected to arrive today (Monday 26th […]
- Kenya & Israel To Collaborate in Intelligence Sharing in Fight Against Terrorism Kenya and Israel will share intelligence in order to fight the ill-acts of […]
- JOINT COMMUNIQUE OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA Joint Kenya-Somalia Communique at State House Nairobi At the invitation of […]