Absolute horror, destroyed dormitories and facilities, student belongings, destruction and signs of a clean-up is what remains of a Kenyan University in Garissa following last week’s attack by the Al Shabaab.
Some of Kenya’s forces are still at the scene conducting their final “clean-up” to ensure that there is no more harm in the area.
As for the rest of the Kenya Defence Forces, the military men are in Somalia conducting airstrikes on Al Shabaab dens in Somalia, keeping a tight grip on security in the area.
We have so far established that the forces have destroyed several dens and the destruction is still continuing.
Despite several claims that the forces did not adequately respond to the massacre by the terrorists, Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs Amina Mohammed has disputed the claims and stated that the response witnessed during the Thursday attack was quite adequate, as she also recognized the large number of students killed during the attack.
Kenya’s best and available resources used by the KDF to counter the terrorists helped to cut down on the number of killed students, had the KDF not responded as soon as they did.
The bombing of Al Shabaab targets in Somalia by the African Union troops in Somalia is currently intensified as also confirmed by Amina Mohammed. Kenya aims at clearing any dens and the forces have urged civilians to fast report any suspected homestead having members of the militia group.
Kenya’s picture has however been tainted considering the fact that one of the terrorist gunned down was a Kenyan and a former Law student at one of Kenya’s main Universities.
The minister has further clarified that the attacker, whose profile has kept changing from time to time, should be treated as any other attacker (local or foreign).
Kenya’s allies including the United States and Israel have confirmed their support for Kenya in the war against terrorists.
Kenya is expected to release a list of suspected Al Shabaab members as intelligence teams continue to preempt threats towards Kenya.
- Al Shabaab Attacks in Kenya, Scholarly List of Recent Attacks Al Shabaab is a terrorist group with it base in Somalia. Al Shabaab is Arabic for “The […]
- Al Shabaab Plans to Create Umbra of Terrorist Territories in Kenya Al Shabaab intends to establish military bases in Lamu, Garissa, Wajir and Mandera […]
- Tight Security Measures at Garissa Learning Institutions to be Implemented Learning institutions in Garissa are under tight security as implemented by the Kenyan […]
- Somali Cabinet Unanimously Approves Counter-Terrorism Bill Somali Cabinet has unanimously passed into law the repealed Counter-Terrorism Bill in […]
- Kenya Defence Forces Deployed in CT – Ops along Porous Kenya–Somali Border Event Unfolding Series of would be terrorist attacks recently witnessed in […]
- Somalia Appoints New Police Commander Tightening Security Measures Somalia has appointed General Mohamed Hassan Hamud as the new police commander after the […]
- Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) – An Open, Accountable and Responsible Military Kenya Defence Forces (KDF), formerly the Kenya Armed Forces, is the military of the […]
- Outgoing Somalia Ambassador to Kenya; Not All Somalis Are Terrorists Outgoing Somalia ambassador to Kenya Mohamed Nur is now calling on the Kenyan government […]