Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction
Kenya will go alone on the construction of Lamu-Lokichar crude oil pipeline after Uganda decided to build the other pipeline through its southern borders.
The decision was reached by President Uhuru Kenyatta and President Yoweri Museveni at the end of the 13th Northern Corridor Integration Projects Summit held in Kampala, Uganda.
Kenya decided to pull out of the negotiations with Uganda on construction of a single pipeline after talks dragged paralyzing preparations for the construction of Kenya’s oil pipeline.
The two countries, however, agreed to continue cooperating on petroleum matters citing they are new to the industry.
In a communique read at the end of the Summit, it pointed out on milestones made in integration projects.
Kenya took pride in the ongoing construction of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR).
Tanzania President failed to turn up for the summit.
- Kenya Deal with Ethiopia to Build Oil Pipeline ENERGY BRIEF Kenya and Ethiopia are set to finalize a deal that will see the […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- Security, Trade and Innovation Top Agendas of Kenya – Uganda Regional Talks Key Highlights 8th August 2015, Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta arrives in Uganda […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya’s Oil Exports to Start Early in April 2017 Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Kenya, China To Partner On Oil and Gas Exploration OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION Kenya and China keen on exploring oil and gas, […]