OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION
Kenya and China keen on exploring oil and gas, President Uhuru Kenyatta has said.
China which is a key ally on Kenya’s development held talks whereby the two countries will partner in oil and gas exploration for mutual benefit of citizenry of both countries.
On Thursday 24th March 2016, President Kenyatta and the chairman of the Standing Committee of China’s National People’s Congress, Zhang Dejiang held bilateral talks and resolved to increase interaction at social, economic and cultural levels.
Dejiang said China is entrenched at supporting Kenya at improving the lives of its citizens citing various infrastructural developing currently being undertaken in the country.
China as one of Kenya key development partner will contribute in developing the pipeline and oil fields.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Kenya and China also set to partner in sectors of economy such as industrialization, agricultural modernization, infrastructure and financial services.
Others areas of interest the two countries resolved to partner are public health ,green development, facilitation, poverty reduction and public welfare, people-to-people exchanges, peace and security, trade and investment.
- Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction ENERGY BRIEF, April 24, 2016 Kenya will go alone on the construction of […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Oil Discovered In Kenya’s Kerio Valley; Britain’s Tullow Oil Announces March 16, 2016: Britain’s Tullow Oil has announced additional oil well […]
- STATE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON’S STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA’S STATE VISIT TO ISRAEL President Uhuru Kenyatta will today depart for a 3-day State visit to Israel in a […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Kenya Deal with Ethiopia to Build Oil Pipeline ENERGY BRIEF Kenya and Ethiopia are set to finalize a deal that will see the […]
- Kenya’s Economy Has Promising Future; Former US Ambassador JONATHAN SCOTT GRATION Concurs It is good news for Kenya's economy which has been hit severely by the current […]