Kenya Army troops were deployed to restore order in the northern region of Laikipia after months of clashes.
The deployment of KDF-army unit has been welcomed by Britain’s Foreign Secretary during his visit to the capital Nairobi.
The region has been characterized by violence and numerous attacks as a result of drought in the recent months. Armed cattle herders searching for grazing lands have driven thousands of cattle onto private ranches and farms. This has prompted dozen of people being killed.
A recent victim was Tristan Voorspuy, a dual British-Kenyan national, who was shot dead earlier this month.
Also, KDF was deployed to flush out bandits in volatile Rift Valley regions. President Uhuru Kenyatta Friday ordered Kenya Defence Forces officers be deployed to Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, West Pokot and Laikipia counties to flush out bandits who have been terrorizing residents.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- South Sudan Gunmen Kill 28, Kidnap 43 in Neighbouring Ethiopia CRIME, South Sudan gunmen on Wednesday 15/3/2017 killed 28 people and kidnapped 43 […]
- Kenya & Jordan to Join Hands in Fight against Terror President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday 26th September 2016 said that Kenya and Jordan […]
- Kenya & UK Agrees to Collaborate in Fight Against Terrorism EVENT SUMMARY Kenya and United Kingdom (UK) agreed to work closely in the […]
- Somali President Makes First State Visit to Kenya Capital Nairobi Ahead Of IGAD Summit Wednesday 22/3/2017, the President of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed and his […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- IGAD Emergency Meeting Over Escalation South Sudan Violence The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has called for an emergency […]