U.S. President Barack Obama has said that United States will stand with Kenya to ensure Dadaab refugees are repatriated back to Somalia in a humane way.
According to White House Office of the Press Secretary, President Obama and President Uhuru Kenyatta discussed challenges Kenya faces in hosting over 600,000 refugees for more than two decades.
The two leaders speaking on phone stressed the need to work closely citing the both countries of having a strong bond. President Kenyatta sent condolences for the terrorist attack in Orlando, Florida.
President Obama reiterated his appreciation for strong partnership between United States and Kenya on a host of issues including combating global terrorism.
Obama lauded Kenya’s progress in ensuring there is security in the country and within the
President Kenyatta agreed and welcomed that the United States and Kenya would work closely together on the issue of refugee repatriation.
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Confident of US-Kenya Cordial Relations under Trump President Uhuru Kenyatta is confident that cordial relations between Kenya and United […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- US Pledges Military and Civilian Personnel Deployment to Support UN Peacekeeping Forces in Somalia Highlight US President Barack Obama has pledged more support to the ongoing United […]
- Kenya & UK Agrees to Collaborate in Fight Against Terrorism EVENT SUMMARY Kenya and United Kingdom (UK) agreed to work closely in the […]
- Trump, Uhuru Phone Call; Terrorism, Trade Feature in their Talk Tuesday 7/3/2017 evening, U.S. President Donald Trump spoke with Kenya’s […]
- U.S. Extends Sanctions against Sudan U.S. has extended sanctions against Sudan with another year saying Khartoum policies […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- U.S. Pledge Support to Kenya, Somalia following Recent Terrorist Attacks U.S. on Tuesday pledged to support Kenya and Somalia following the recent terrorist […]