British Prime Minister David Cameron announced £5 million funding to a Commonwealth Counter-extremism Unit that is geared towards boosting the bloc’s capability to counter extremism and eventual terrorism.
The funding will be disbursed in £1 million every year batches for the 5 years and will benefit all commonwealth members in the efforts to deal with the vice.
Commonwealth bloc is set to benefit from a joint counter-extremism unit that will be funded by Britain according to British Prime Minister David Cameron. The £5 million funding will be disbursed in a period of 5 years £1 million every year and will be focused on expanding and strengthening the bloc’s capability in countering extremism and terrorism.
An additional £200,000 is set to be injected into the European counter-radicalization Youth Network to include the Commonwealth. Some of the countries that have experienced high levels of youth radicalization include the UK, Nigeria, Kenya and countries in the horn of Africa as well as Middle East and countries in the EU bloc.
Commonwealth which draws membership from former British colonies is looking to globalize the fight against youth radicalization and violent extremism not only in Europe but in their respective regions where it is slowly taking roots.
Cameron said “The fight against extremism is something that affects us all. To increase cooperation with countries around the world to share best practice and identify new approaches to countering poisonous ideologies.”
The unit will work with civil societies in member states, commonwealth governments with the basic mission of supporting national, regional and international counter-extremism strategies employed.
- Al Muhajiroun Denies Links To Radical Preacher Accused Of Terrorism In The UK Event: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ […]
- Kenya, UK Agree on New Military Training Defense Pact For British Army Training Unit Kenya Event Summary: 28th September British Prime Minister David Cameron and Kenya’s […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- UK Government to Commit £5 Million to Counter Violent Extremism OSINT SUMMARY UK government has pledged to commit 5 million pound to fight […]
- Migrant Crisis: UK Agrees To Deploy Royal Navy Warship to Libya OSINT SUMMARY UK agreed to deploy Royal Navy warship to the Mediterranean to […]
- Over 300 British Troops to Beef up Peace Mission in South Sudan Highlight Britain has announced a future possibility of sending over 300 troops to […]
- Britain To Send Troops To Somalia To Fight Al Shabaab Highlights: David Cameron, United Kingdom’s Prime Minister has in a statement on 28th […]
- UK Royal Air Force Anti-ISIL Air Strikes Campaigns Kills 330 Takfiris Britain's Defence Secretary Michael Fallon on Thursday 17th September 2015 reported […]