Kenya inked the security deal with China. The deal will see Police units in Kenya receive modern equipment and modern radio communication systems after the Kenyan government signed a deal with Chinese technology group Huawei.
The deal was signed after President Uhuru Kenyatta and Huawei meeting at their headquarters in Beijing China on Sunday. The deal also set to benefit other Police headquarters/units in Nakuru, Kisumu and Eldoret.
Huawei Technologies will provide communication equipment including 6 eNodeB Stations, 150 Radio Trunking Terminals and a Radio Trunking System Core Network and Dispatch System.
Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta also witnessed the signing of an agreement between Huawei and the government for the Chinese Technology firm to develop a Government Cloud Services Project.
The Chinese firm will design and build state cloud infrastructure where all government data applications will be migrated to. Huawei is set to build data exchange and sharing platforms to collaborate government services.
President Kenyatta also witnessed the signing of another agreement in which Huawei Technologies offered to train 30 Kenyan youth in ICT over the next three years.
President Kenyatta lauded Huawei contribution in modernization of police surveillance systems in Nairobi and Mombasa as well as partnering in the development of the Standard Gauge Railway.
“Let us work together and we count on your support as we work on developing our technologies,” said the President when he met the CEO of Huawei Technologies,
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya, China To Partner On Oil and Gas Exploration OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION Kenya and China keen on exploring oil and gas, […]
- STATE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON’S STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA’S STATE VISIT TO ISRAEL President Uhuru Kenyatta will today depart for a 3-day State visit to Israel in a […]
- Kenya to Import Chinese Nuclear Reactor Kenya signed an agreement with the China State Owned China General […]
- Amu Power Inks Sh206 Deal with China Power Global to Boost Construction of Coal Power Plant in Lamu Lamu power generating coal plant which was incorporated as part of the LAPSSET corridor […]
- China Donates 36 Military Vehicles to Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) China has donated 36 military vehicles to Kenya Defence […]
- African Nations Hail & Sign Maritime Deal to Boost Security African leaders on Saturday signed a maritime deal aimed at boosting security off the […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]