On Thursday 15th of September 2016, Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) backed by Juba-Land Forces/SNA conducted a ground offensive targeting encampments of the Somali Islamist group Harakat Al-Shabaab Mujahideen in Gobweyn outside the seaport city of Kismayu in Juba region of Somalia.
Approximately 26 militants were killed after KDF/SNA troops sorrounded the militants at Wirkoy bridge in Gobweyn 37 kilometers outside Kismayu city.
3 Al-Shabaab terrorists vehicles were destroyed by the army.
Military intelligence reports the operation was very successful
Al-Shabaab capability to move around the area and conduct attacks using their technical vehicles was completely decimated.
The militants also lost their make-shift base at the Wirkoy bridge which they used to plan attacks against AMISOM forces.
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Uganda to Send 2,275 Additional UPDF Troops to Battle Al-Shabaab in Somalia Uganda confirmed that it will will be sending 2,275 additional UPDF troops to battle […]
- El-Adde Bombed By Army Jets, Al-Shabaab Terrorists Suffered Heavy Casualities On Sunday 24th July 2016, Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) conducted night […]
- KDF-Army Soldiers Destroy Vehicle Carrying IEDs between Gelef & Delbio in Somalia The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) have today morning (7th/2/2017) destroyed probox […]
- Army Destroys 2 SVBIED, 1 Detonates Outside KDF Kulbiyow FOB The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) have today morning (27th/1/2017) destroyed 2 suicide […]
- Somali US-trained ‘Danab’ Raid Al-Shabaab Base in Lower Shabelle Region Military reports from Somalia indicate that the country’s US-trained forces […]
- KDF Convoy Escapes Roadside Bomb near Kismayo Town, Minor Injuries Reported Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) supplies military convoy escaped roadside bomb that […]