The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) have today morning (7th/2/2017) destroyed probox toyota vehicle which was carrying IEDs) within the vicinity of SNA-Forward Operating Base (FOB) between Gelef and Delbio area in Somalia.
The army had intercepted the vehicle and arrested three operatives on board before detonating the vehicle.
The operatives who will under interrogation are believed to be on a mission either to plant the IEDs on Military Supplying Routes (MSR) or had intended to conduct a SVBIED attack at the SNA- base.
Military intelligence reports the operation was very successful.
There is improved cooperation between SNA and KDF in decimating the militants’ capability in sector.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- KDF Convoy Targeted in Roadside IED Attack at Tabda, Lower Shabelle 23rd February 2016, latest military reports from Somalia reveal that KDF convoy was […]
- Army Destroys 2 SVBIED, 1 Detonates Outside KDF Kulbiyow FOB The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) have today morning (27th/1/2017) destroyed 2 suicide […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- KDF Convoy Ambushed By Al-Shabaab Militants Between Qoqani and Afmadow in Somalia EVENT SUMMARY Somali based militant group Al-Shabaab ambushed a KDF convoy […]
- KDF Convoy Escape Roadside Landmine near El Wak, Engage Militants Friday 3rd February 2017: Latest Military Intelligence reports from Somalia indicate […]
- KDF Convoy Escapes Roadside Bomb near Kismayo Town, Minor Injuries Reported Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) supplies military convoy escaped roadside bomb that […]