Training drills began this week near Japan’s southernmost prefecture of Okinawa of the U.S. Marine Corps' F-35 fighter jets, local media said Wednesday.
The drills of the next-generation stealth aircraft began earlier this week following the first overseas deployment by U.S of the war jets to the Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni in Yamaguchi Prefecture last month.
Open sources and local media quoted the 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force as describing the drills involving the planes as regularly scheduled training.
The arrival of the fighter jets in January 2017 is part of a broader plan to assign 16 similar fighters to bases here.
Apart from deploying its F-35s here, Japan's Ministry of Defense (MOD) also revealed plans to acquire at least 6 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning stealth fighter jets.
MOD officials also stated the acquisition that has begun is aimed at bolstering Japan's Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) achieving superior air-combat capability.
- US May Take ‘Fresh Look’ at its India F-16 Fighter Jet Plan US defence firm Lockheed Martin has hinted that it may take a fresh look at its India […]
- U.S. F-22 Stealth Fighters After Oxygen Problems, Arrive at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Eight U.S. F-22 stealth fighters have arrived at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Island from […]
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- Russia, India Agree on Joint Works on 5th Generation Fighter – Military Cooperation Russian and India have hinted on joint works on 5th generation fighter. Moscow and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- U.S. to Deliver Another Batch of F-16s Combat Jets to Iraq Air Force OSINT SUMMARY Iraq Air Force will receive a fresh batch of F-16 fighter jets from US […]
- Israel Acquires 20 F-35 Radar Evading Stealth Bomber In the strongest indication that the Jewish state is spoiling for an armed conflict with […]
- India To Buy Rafale Fighter Jets Worth $8.8 Billion From France’s Dassault NEW DELHI: MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Latest military reports indicate India will […]