February 24, 2016: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has pledged his country’s cooperation to his Kenya counterpart Uhuru Kenyatta in fighting terrorism that has affected both countries. He announced this in a historical three-day visit by the Kenyan president that marks the first official state visit of a Kenyan head of state to Israel since 1994.
Israel and Kenya have been strategic historical allies and face the same challenge of Islamic militant terrorists. The partnership is one of a kind as Israel’s cooperation will provide Kenya with an upper hand in modern techniques of fighting al Shabaab.
The new cooperation which will include intelligence, cyber security and technical assistance will boost the already existing military collaborations; Israeli military trains Kenya Special Forces.
Kenya and Israel will also cooperate in agricultural sectors, water with trade ties set to be strengthened between the two nations.
- Kenya, Israel to Discuss Security During PM Netanyahu’s Visit NAIROBI: July 4, 2016, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya & Israel To Collaborate in Intelligence Sharing in Fight Against Terrorism Kenya and Israel will share intelligence in order to fight the ill-acts of […]
- Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Set To Visit Kenya, Uganda In Historic African Tour Highlights: Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday February 29th […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Commander in Chief Of Defence Forces Attend AMISOM’s Summit in Djibouti AMISOM SUMMIT DJIBOUTI February 28, 2016, Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenya who is the […]
- Israel To Support Kenya Build Border Wall Along its Border with Somalia Israel pledged to help Kenya stem Al-Shabaab infiltration through its porous border […]
- STATE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON’S STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA’S STATE VISIT TO ISRAEL President Uhuru Kenyatta will today depart for a 3-day State visit to Israel in a […]
- Israel Renews Pledge to Support Kenya in War against Terrorists Highlight Israel has said it will assist Kenya with expertise, training and […]