Pentagon has noted that the Islamic State terrorists are losing grip on their final piece of turf inside Libyan city of Sirte.
According to Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis briefing the media, he announced that Islamic States losing war and that the final fighters who were hold inside an occupied block have surrendered.
He noted that Libyan ground forces and bomb experts are clearing the block, looking and defusing the improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
“At this point, we don’t know of any other areas where ISIL [Islamic State] is hiding out,” Davis explained.
“We certainly are going to stand ready to continue to support the Government of National Accord-aligned forces as they do this back-clearing, but at this point, ISIL’s not in control of any territory.”
Davis further added that Abu Bakr al Baghdadi’s (ISIL Emir) enterprise intended to use Sirte as “hub” for their North African operations but now it has fallen.
The loss of Sirte is a significant blow to the Islamic State’s caliphate claim. ISIL emir — Baghdadi and his lieutenants considered the North African city to be strategic holding outside of Mosul, Iraq and Raqqa, Syria, the two de facto capitals of the jihadist state.
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- Iraqi Forces Launch Final Assault on ISIS-Held Mosul Old City Iraqi forces launched a final assault on Mosul’s Old city, the last stronghold of ISIS […]
- US Adds Three Islamic State Leaders to Global Terrorist List U.S. State Department added three Islamic State leaders to global terrorist […]
- U.S. to Deploy Additional 615 Troops to Help Liberate Mosul in Iraq U.S. will deploy additional 615 troops to Iraq to help forces fighting Daesh (Islamic […]
- Islamic State May Relocate Following Losses in Libya’s Sirte, UN Chief Warns Islamic State (IS) or commonly known in derogatory acronym as 'Daesh' may […]
- Turki Mubarak Abdullah Ahmad al-Binali ISIS Chief Cleric & Al-Baghdadi Confidant, Killed in US-led Coalition Raid Pentagon has confirmed the death of ISIS’ Chief cleric Turki Mubarak Abdullah Ahmad […]
- Iraqi Special Forces Drive Daesh Out of Three More Regions of Mosul A senior Iraqi army commander has confirmed that his troops have driven Islamic State […]
- US Launches A Mega-Aggressive Counter Cyber-Attack Against ISIS February 26, 2016: Washington- US officials have confirmed that the Pentagon has […]