Suicide bomber linked to ISIS attacked the Iranian parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini’s mausoleum in Tehran on Wednesday where they killed 13 people in an unprecedented assault.
The attack has received condemnation with Iran’s Revolutionary Guards blaming on their regional rival, Saudi Arabia.
ISIS terrorist group claimed the Wednesday attack threatening more against Iran’s majority Shi’ite population, seen by the hardline Sunni militants as heretics.
Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif tweeted: “Terror-sponsoring despots threaten to bring the fight to our homeland. Proxies attack what their masters despise most: the seat of democracy.”
Zarif however did not explicitly blame any country but the tweet appeared to refer to comments made by Saudi Arabia’s deputy crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman al-Saud, in May, saying that that Riyadh would bring “the battle” for regional influence to Iran.
The attackers dressed as women burst through parliament’s main entrance, according to deputy interior minister Mohammad Hossein Zolfaghari and referenced by Tasnim news agency. One of them detonated a suicide vest then two men followed shooting randomly.
Four jihadis filmed themselves inside parliament before one blew himself up and three were shot dead
Suicide bomber who disguised himself in a burka detonated at shrine before second was shot by police. Another five were also arrested.
- South Africa, Saudi Arabia in Joint Military Cooperation JOHANNESBURG, April 15, 2016 South Africa has confirmed it has military […]
- Islamic State Media Director Surrenders to Iraqi Security Forces OSINT SUMMARY 17th February 2016, Latest OSINT reports indicate that a media […]
- 20 Nations Join Saudi-Led Military Exercise- ‘The Thunder Of The North’ Against ISIS, Al Qaeda And Affiliates Event: 15th February: Armed forces from at least 20 countries are gathered in […]
- Saudi Warplanes Arrive in Turkish Incirlik Airbase OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that Saudi fighter jets have been […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Urge Muslim Nations to ‘Take the Lead’ in Combating Extremism U.S. President Donald Trump while addressing the leaders of dozens of Muslim-majority […]
- Saudi Arabia To Send Troops to Syria to Bolster War on Terror OSINT SUMMARY 9th February 2016, Saudi Arabia has announced that it will send troops […]
- Somali’s President Farmajo Jets in Saudi Arabia Meets with King Salman in Riyadh Somali’s President on Thursday 23/2/2017, jetted to Saudi Arabia where he met […]
- Iranian Security Forces Kills Daesh (ISIS) Figure, Busts Terror Cell Kermanshah Province OSINT SUMMARY Iranian security forces on Monday 15th August 2016 killed an […]