Tuesday 14/3/2017, Iraqi government forces killed several Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists including a commander of the Mosul’s old city.
Iraqi forces continue to advance in the last ISIS bastion and focusing on a bridge crossing the Tigris River, to cut off the terrorists’ movement.
The operation however has been slowed by ISIS snipers as well IEDs planted by the terrorists.
ISIS snipers were slowing the advance of Interior Ministry Rapid Response units on the Iron Bridge linking western and eastern Mosul but the elite forces were still inching forward, according to Iraqi security sources.
Government forces have also managed to push into areas of western Mosul, Islamic State's last bastion in the city that has been the de facto capital of their self-declared caliphate.
Capturing the Iron Bridge would is of importance to the Iraqi forces. So far the forces hold three of the five bridges in Mosul that span the Tigris, all of which have been damaged by the terrorists and U.S.-led air strikes.
The southernmost two have already been retaken.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Iraqi Forces Capture Al-hurriya Bridge in Mosul ISIS Offensive Latest report from Iraq battle frontier indicate that Iraqi government forces in […]
- Iraqi Forces Starts Military Offensive to Retake Western Mosul From ISIS Monday 20/2/2017, Iraqi forces have started military offensive in a renewed effort to […]
- Libyan Forces Determined to Dislodge Islamic State from Last Holdouts in Sirte OSINT SUMMARY Fierce fighting resumed over the weekend between Libyan forces […]
- UN-backed Libyan Government Forces Advance in Retaking Sirte Libyan allied forces with support of the UN-backed government continue to […]
- Islamic State Cell Busted with Attack Biological Weapons in Morocco RABAT, March 4, 2016 Reports from Morocco Interior Ministry indicate that an Islamic […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi Targeted in Air Strikes that Killed 13 Islamic State Commanders Recent Iraqi military reports indicate that at least 13 Islamic State commanders were […]
- ISIS Using Water Warfare Inched Towards Making Weapon Of Mass Destruction As They Seize Control Of 6 Dams March 4, 2016: The Islamic State terrorist group has taken control of 6 of the eight […]