Recent Iraqi military reports indicate that at least 13 Islamic State commanders were killed in air strikes in western Iraq targeting a house where it was believed ISIS group’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was holding a meeting with other militants.
Iraqi military listed those commanders killed in the air strikes carried out by Iraqi Airforce F-16s on Saturday.
In the summer of 2014, Baghdadi became the most wanted high-profile radical Islamist leader in the world when he delivered a sermon in the city of Mosuls main mosque and declared himself the caliph of a new Islamic Caliphate.
Pentagon in December 2016 the stated they believed the ISIS leader was alive and still giving orders through his commanders.
US announced a bounty reward in mid-December for capturing or killing Baghdadi to $25m. The ISIS leader in November of 2014 called on his fighters to carry on with the fight for final assault on Mosul and not to retreat.
- Iraqi Forces Launch Final Assault on ISIS-Held Mosul Old City Iraqi forces launched a final assault on Mosul’s Old city, the last stronghold of ISIS […]
- Iraqi Special Forces Drive Daesh Out of Three More Regions of Mosul A senior Iraqi army commander has confirmed that his troops have driven Islamic State […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- Battle to Oust Islamic State Takfiris from Iraq’s Mosul Gathers Momentum The battle to oust Islamic State Takfiris and free Iraqi’s second largest city […]
- Islamic State’s Chief Decapitator, Abu Sayyaf Knifed to Death in Western Mosul Islamic State terrorist group suffered a huge blow after the group’s chief […]
- US-Led Coalition Strikes Destroy ISIS Drone Facility near Raqqa US-led coalition in Iraqi and Syria conducted 24 strikes consisting of 67 engagements […]
- Iraq Receives New Batch of F-16 Fighter Jets from U.S. in Readiness of Mosul Offensive OSINT SUMMARY, August 9, 2016 Iraqi air force has so far received 10 […]
- ISIS Chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Admits DEFEAT in Iraq, Orders Militants to Flee or Kill Themselves in Suicide Attacks IN SUMMARY ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is said to have issued a […]