Iraqi forces continue to battle ISIS and making gains in old neighborhoods in Mosul while bomb expert teams are working to neutralize booby traps set up by ISIS on the ground and on vehicles.
The battles are ongoing inside the old city and in the north and west. ISIS has obstructed the Iraqi forces from advancing through use of human shields and explosives devices.
Terrorists stationed in Al-Nouri Mosque and surrounding areas have held several families hostages and threatening at killing them.
According to Federal Police chief, Raed Jawdat security forces are now stationed in Al-Farouq neighborhood and have set sand barricades in front of the neighborhood so booby-trapped cars and suicide bombers do not infiltrate it.
The forces have begun to use smart missiles to target ISIS members and commanders. Separately, outside the city of Mosul, counter-terrorism efforts continue to fight ISIS in the neighborhoods of Al-Thawra near the northern entrance and Al-Tank in the west.
- Iraqi Security Forces Kill 57 IS Terrorists in Mosul Iraqi security forces on Monday killed at least 57 Islamic State (IS) terrorists […]
- Two Car Bombs Kill 22, Injure 70 in Baghdad EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 9th June 2016, a car laden with explosives has […]
- Iraqi Forces Kill 63 Islamic State Militants Near Mosul EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 12th May 2016, sixty three Islamic State Takfiris have […]
- Iraqi Fighter Jets Kill 3 Senior Daesh Commanders & 11 Fighters in Mosul OSINT SUMMARY Iraqi military offensives continue in Daesh held Mosul with […]
- Iraqi Forces Narrowing Down on ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ‘Hiding in Mosul’ The Iraqi Army has entered Mosul without precedent for more than two years since the […]
- Terrorist Detonate Explosive Inside Mosque in West Baghdad, Kills 14 and Injures 32 OSINT SUMMARY At least 14 people were killed and 32 others injured in a […]
- Iraqi Special Forces Drive Daesh Out of Three More Regions of Mosul A senior Iraqi army commander has confirmed that his troops have driven Islamic State […]
- ISIS Chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Admits DEFEAT in Iraq, Orders Militants to Flee or Kill Themselves in Suicide Attacks IN SUMMARY ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is said to have issued a […]