About two dozen high-ranking commanders of the Islamic State terrorist’s group gathering have been killed when Iraqi Air Force warplane jets did an airstrike close Mosul as government troops and their allied forces are attempting wipe out the radicals out of the vital northern city.
According to Iraqi Defense Ministry and refering to data given by the Directorate of General Military Intelligence, announced on Thursday that the military airstrikes focused on Daesh terrorists who in a meeting west of Mosul, about 400 kilometers north of the capital Baghdad.
The ministry added that 20 Islamic State commanders alongside 50 group’s fighters were killed in the air assaults.
The killed terrorists with no doubt were plotting attacks on strategically important city of Tal Afar, located about 63 kilometers west of Mosul.
Citing a statement from Brigadier General Yahya Rasool, same day, the spokesman for the Iraqi Joint Military Command (JOC), said security personnel managed to liberate half of the districts in the northern province of Nineveh from Islamic State terrorist's grip.
- Iraqi Security Forces Kill 57 IS Terrorists in Mosul Iraqi security forces on Monday killed at least 57 Islamic State (IS) terrorists […]
- ISIS under Siege in Western Mosul as Iraqi Forces Seize Key Supply Routes Iraqi forces backed by U.S-led coalition on Wednesday 1/3/2017 seized control of […]
- Iraqi Forces Kill 50 Daesh Terrorists in Mosul, Iraq Iraqi Defense Ministry announces that fighter jets have killed 50 Daesh terrorists […]
- Iraqi Army Thwarts Bomb Attacks, Kills 38 Daesh (Islamic State) Militants in Baghdad OSINT SUMMARY Iraqi army has carried out an air operation early Friday […]
- U.S.-led Coalition Warplanes Airstrikes Disable 5th Bridge in ISIL-held Mosul U.S.-led coalition warplanes on Tuesday struck a bridge in ISIL-held […]
- Iraq Receives New Batch of F-16 Fighter Jets from U.S. in Readiness of Mosul Offensive OSINT SUMMARY, August 9, 2016 Iraqi air force has so far received 10 […]
- US, Iraqi Strikes Kill at least 250 ISIS Fighters in near Fallujah, 170 Vehicles Destroyed U.S.-led coalition joined and Iraqi troops rocked against Islamist State extremist […]
- Iraqi Security Forces Kill Abu al-Harith al-Libi, a Senior Islamic State (Daesh) Commander near Shirqat OSINT SUMMARY Iraqi security forces have killed a senior Islamic State […]