Iran Say It Will Increase Its Nuclear Capabilities And Will Not Seek Permission From Any Country; A Clapback At POTUS Donald Trump

Iran's President Hassan Rouhani listens during a press conference, during his visit for the United Nations General Assembly, Wednesday Sept. 20, 2017, in New York. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has announced that Iran will strengthen its missile capabilities and will not seek permission from any country. The announced was a direct snub to the United States President Donald Trump.

According to an Iranian news agency, the announcement was made at a military parade where an Iranian news agency said one of the weapons on display was a new ballistic missile with a range of 2,000 km (1,200 miles), capable of carrying several warheads.

Trump said Iran was building its missile capability and accused it of exporting violence to Yemen, Syria and other parts of the Middle East. The move comes after the US sought to renegotiate the deal with Iran and even imposed new economic sanctions in July.

Allies that supported the deal have expressed discontent and fear that the sanctions would trigger a crisis that had been averted by the deal brokered by the Obama administration. Among them Russia which said that “the U.S. imposition of unilateral sanctions on Iran was “illegitimate and undermines the collective nature of international efforts.”

Read Also:  Radicalized Diaspora Muslims Joining Al-Shabaab
Written By
More from Goldberg

Burkina Faso Under A Military Coup With Former President’s Ally As New Leader

Event Chronology: Wednesday 16th September, members of the elite presidential guard force...
Read More
Comments