Indonesian military has arrested 14 people as they attempted to leave the country for Syria which is on the blacklist of many countries as it’s the base of ISIS. The 14 arrested were stopped as they tried to board a plane headed to Bangkok from where they planned to head on to Syria.
14 Indonesians were arrested at an international airport in Jakarta as they tried to leave the country for Syria through Bangkok. The arrests were made as huge numbers of Indonesians have been reported to have left for Syria to join the extremists ISIS in Syria.
Among the fourteen several have been identified and are said to be travelling with their families and children a common trend among the ISIS recruits from Indonesia.
As of December 2015, at least 200 Indonesian had been deported from Turkey as they tried to enter into Syria with no avail. The high numbers of Indonesian streaming to Syria to join ISIS is sparking fears of an evolution of a sophisticated terror network in the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation.
Indonesian authorities are however investing in new counterterrorism law that will help curb its citizens from travelling abroad and joining terrorist organizations.
- 20,000 Military Uniforms’ Shipment For ISIS Seized By Spanish Police, 7 People Arrested March 4, 2016: Spanish police have seized 20,000 military uniforms that were being […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Arrest Student En-route To Libya To Join Islamic State Terrorist Group OSINT SUMMARY Kenya’s security officers confirmed that on Thursday 18, 2016, they are […]
- Islamic State Media Director Surrenders to Iraqi Security Forces OSINT SUMMARY 17th February 2016, Latest OSINT reports indicate that a media […]
- Turkish Army Intensify Crackdown on Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) OSINT SUMMARY Monday 22nd February 2016, Turkey’s military announced that it had […]
- Turkey’s PM Ahmet Davutoglu Blame Ankara Blast on Syria Kurdish YPG Militia EVENT SUMMARY Wednesday February 17, 2016 at night, a Suicide Vehicle-Borne […]
- Jamal Al-Harith aka Abu Zakariya al-Britani, ISIS Suicide Bomber ‘Briton Freed from Guantánamo’ The ISIS fighter who blew himself in a suicide attack that targeted British forces in […]
- President Rouhani Says Iran Ready to Increase Anti-Terrorism Cooperation with EU President Rouhani has said Iran is ready to increase its anti-terrorism cooperation […]
- Ankara Female Attacker Identified as YPG-trained PKK Fighter ANKARA Turkey, March 16, 2016 Ankara Sunday attack reports continues to […]