Uganda’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) General Kale Kayihura has deployed more than 100 Flying Squad Unit (FSU) officers to the troubled Kasese district to hunt down elements that illegally possess guns.
Confirming the deployment, Kampala Metropolitan Police spokesperson Emilian Kayima confirmed the police deployment.
“It is true 111 FSU officers have been deployed in Kasese purposely to cooperate with other security agencies to stabilize the region. Others have been deployed to other districts,” Mr Kayima was quoted as saying.
The deployed officers are part of 200 FSU operatives that were sent on a three-month refresher course at Kabalye Police Training School in Masindi District in September this year.
The deployment of the officers comes at a time Kasese has witnessed clashes in November 26 and 27 between security forces, Rwenzururu kingdom royal guards.
The clashes left more than 100 people killed. 150 people gave been arrested including the Rwenzururu king Charles Wesley Mumbere.
Mumbere and his accomplices have since been charged with 41 counts that include murder, aggravated robbery, terrorism and treason.
- Ugandan King Facing Terrorism Charges A Ugandan King is facing terrorism, murder, attempted murder, and robbery with […]
- Deadly Clashes in Uganda Leaves 14 Police & 41 Tribal Insurgents Killed Ugandan police said on Sunday that 41 tribal insurgents and 14 police officers were […]
- Inspector General of Police, Kale Kayihura Lauds Uganda Police for Doing a Good Job On Tuesday 9th August 2016, Uganda’s Inspector General of Police, Kale Kayihura […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Appoints Son Muhoozi Kainerugaba as His Advisor Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Monday night named his son Muhoozi […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Uganda Police Arrests Man in $120 million Fake Arms Deal Uganda on Tuesday confirmed to have arrested a man suspected to be swindling a Polish […]
- Ugandan Police Arrests Mohamed Abdi Ali, an Al-Shabaab Suspect at Busia Border A man suspected to be involved in terrorism attached to the Somali militant group […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in […]