IGAD Summit Concludes in Mogadishu, Member Countries Reaffirms Support to Somalia
The 28th extra-ordinary session of the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Assembly of Heads of State and Government hosted in Mogadishu Somalia concluded with member countries reaffirming their commitment to continue supporting Somalia.
The high profile meeting was attendeed by the heads of state and government; Prime Minister H.E Hailemariam Desalegn, who is also the chairperson of the IGAD Assembly, Kenya’s President H.E Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, Uganda’s President H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Djibouti, H.E Mohamed Yousif Abdelmannan and Sudan’s ambassador to Somalia H.E Mahboub Mohamed Maalim.
In a joint communiqué released after the end of the meeting, the IGAD Heads of State and governments lauded Somali’s government commitment to hold a credible and inlcisve electrol process.
IGAD heads also called on AMISOM to provide necessary security to enable the process conclude smoothly.
The summit also condemned Al-Shabaab continued disruption of Somali and regional peace saying degrading Al-Shabaab is a key mandate of AMISOM.
Somalia’s refugee situation was also discussed during the session.
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- African Union (AU) Agree to Train Somali Troops before AMISOM Exit in 2018 African Union (AU) on Monday announced its plan to train Somali troops (SNA) to the […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- AMISOM Need 9,000 More Army Soldiers in Somalia The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is in need of 9,000 more army soldiers […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Meet UN Security Council Over AMISOM, Repatriation of Refugees AMISOM, DADAAB CLOSURE, May 20, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta […]
- JOINT COMMUNIQUE OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA Joint Kenya-Somalia Communique at State House Nairobi At the invitation of […]
- UPDF Chief Visit Somalia, Calls for Speedy Security Sector Reforms The Chief of Defence Forces of Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF), Katumba Wamala […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]