Hope has been renewed after Boko Haram terrorist group released 21 kidnapped Chibok girls, a government official has released and referenced by AFP.
The Ministry of Information confirmed of the release saying it will issue an official statement later.
A local source said the girls were exchanged for four Boko Haram prisoners in Banki, northeast Nigeria.
According to Bring Back Our Girls campaigner Aisha Yesufu, the identity of the girls is yet to be confirmed.
Over 200 girls were captured from the northeast Nigeria town of Chibok in April 2014 by Boko Haram militants.
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- Lone Chibok Girl Escapes from Boko Haram Captivity Latest reports from Nigeria indicate that a schoolgirl who was abducted by Nigeria’s […]
- 38 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed in Diffa, Southeast Niger OSINT SUMMARY According to latest military reports from Niger, 38 Boko Haram […]
- Nigeria Police Launch Manhunt of Lagos School-girls Kidnappers OSINT SUMMARY March 3, 2016, Nigeria police launched an operation aimed at rescuing […]
- Nigerian Army Rescues 80 Hostages, Women and Children in ‘Operation Tiger Claw’ OSINT SUMMARY NIGERIA, Borno State: Nigerian army and well-articulated […]
- 2 Girls ‘Suicide Bombers’ Blow Themselves Up near Crowded Nigerian Market Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Nigerian Senate Recommends Death Penalty For Kidnappers NIGERIAN SENATE LAWMAKERS, Recommendation Kidnapping is a rising phenomenon […]