The fight against Daesh and other terrorist’s organization in Syria has been witnessed with most advanced jets flying over Syrian airspace.
Apart from usual mainstay fighters’ jets, the aerial bombardments over the terrorists purged Syrian has seen entry of new warplanes introduced by Russia and US-led coalitions targeting Takfiri positions.
Some of the debut high-tech entries flying over the Arab country in warfare against terrorists groups include:
Russian Sukhoi Su-34
The Russian warplane has a combat radius of over 1,000 kilometers and aerial refueling capability. Currently Sukhoi Su-34 is Russia’s most advanced interdiction war-craft.
The fighter jet also comes with other features such as air to air defense armament capabilities. The R-77 long range radar guided air to air missiles as well as R-73 dog fighting missile capabilities making it Russian warplane of choice for carrying out self-escorted strike operations.
The Russian SU-34 jet was designed as a substitute for the ageing Su-24 strike aircraft.
Another Russian warplane with an array of conducting air-to ground strike projectiles though in Syria anti-Daesh campaigns is being used an air escort for other Russian fighter jets.
Dassault Rafale is a French twin-engine jet that was designed in the 1980’s. The warplane utilizes passive electronically scanned Thales RBE2 array radar.
The jet is accompanied with series of armaments and also equipped with effective SPECTRA electronic warfare system.
Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
F-22 is yet another advanced warplane flying over the Syrian airspace. The aircraft is high altitude stealth fighter jets with array of sensory equipment.
Though it was primarily designed as a fighter jet, US commanders are engaging the Raptor jet for gathering intelligence, command and on control missions.
Boeing EA-18G Growler
Boeing EA-18G Growler comes with commanding array of sensory equipment ranging from ALQ-218 receivers to the ALQ-99 jamming pods.
The warplane also carries AIM-120 and AGM-88 missiles that protect the jet from air defenses and enemy offensives.
The warplane is very effective and is providing electronic warfare support to US and allied coalition’s ground troops by destroying the militant’s communication and radar equipment.
- Russia Sign Deal to Supply Iran with S-300 Missile System OSINT SUMMARY Russia and Iran have entered into a contract whereby Moscow is to […]
- US to Supply Pakistan With F-16 Warplanes & Resolve to Counter ISIL Militancy KEY HIGHLIGHTS US plan to sell eight F-16fighter jets to Pakistan and its close ally […]
- UAE Procure Swedish Surveillance Jets in Deal Worth $1.27 Billion OSINT SUMMARY Monday 9th November 2015, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) air force […]
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- Russia To Scale Up Air Defenses Near Syrian-Turkey Border OSINT SUMMARY 25th November 2015, Russia which was angered by downing of its fighter […]
- Russia To Deliver First S-300 Missile Defense System to Iran in August-September MOSCOW Russia, March 11, 2016 Moscow has confirmed that it will deliver first […]
- Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the […]
- US May Take ‘Fresh Look’ at its India F-16 Fighter Jet Plan US defence firm Lockheed Martin has hinted that it may take a fresh look at its India […]